Monday, June 13, 2016

Coffee Date {01}


If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask you what your greatest joy is lately. Maybe it's just me, but during times of joy in life, there's nothing better than coupling (or tripling) that joy with more. Joy has been filling up every crack in my worried heart lately and I want to celebrate your joy as well.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd ask us to skip over all the sadness in the news -- just for today. It's not that it isn't deserving of time, discussion, and prayers, but life is already filled with so much despair. Some moments, like coffee dates, need to be reserved for sunshine and bliss (always with silent prayers for unspeakable acts.)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd gush about being so close to reaching the first chapter my dreams. In just four days, I will officially be a farm owner in Vermont, a dream that took its roots in childhood. I'd smile my way through our conversation about choosing chicken breeds and planning ways to remove 86-year-old wallpaper. (I usually don't gush about much, but this is an extra special occasion!)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd want to hear all about your summer plans. Where are you going? What are you going to experience? What do you plan to see? My farm will have us busy all summer with no vacation in sight, so I'd like to hear all about your adventures to satiate my wanderlust-filled heart.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that everything always works itself out (one way or another). Whether we are happy, sad, worried, confused, lost, excited... everything always has a way of working itself out. In the meantime, we should reserve our energy for beautiful moments in life, like this coffee date.

{linking up with Mr. Thomas & Me}

16 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks so much for visiting our table, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! It was my pleasure :) Love this new link-up.

      Delete
  2. I'll be traveling a lot next month- I'm a teacher so I've got time off for summer- yay! Awesome coffee date post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Desirae! That's so awesome that you'll be travelling this summer. Enjoy every minute - you so deserve it as a teacher :)

      Delete
  3. Girllll, you're living out a dream of my childhood self by buying yourself a farm. ADORE and cannot wait to see what grows and flourishes under your care. :)

    Joy. Well, lately I've been feeling deeply joyful. Mostly because we went on a camping-white water rafting trip and HONESTLY I adored it which was LOVELY. It's made my heart smile over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amber! I hope to post (at least) weekly updates of what's going on at the farm. It's such a blessing & I'm thankful that God has lead me here!

      Deeply joyful... I love that! White water rafting sounds amazing & must have been such a thrill. I'd love to see pictures from it!

      Delete
  4. You might not be traveling much this summer but you will have SO many adventures!! So excited for you!! :) I'm not traveling either, just waiting for this little one's arrival...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As corny as it sounds, I would give up a lifetime of vacations for my farm! It's such a lifelong dream to have this type of freedom & nature <3

      I am so excited for you & your growing family. I hope this summer blesses you all with sunshine-filled days, family fun & a beautiful, healthy babe :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so very happy to see you're about to achieve your dream of having your own Vermont farm — literally brought a huge smile to my face! Awesome news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Meg! We are through-the-roof excited :) I was just scrolling through your IG the other day. Your boy is getting so big!

      Delete
  6. Yay! You're going to be a farm owner!!!!!!! That's SO exciting!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susannah <3 We are so excited!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE the idea of asking what your greatest joy is. That is such a wonderful question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From looking at your blog yesterday, I can tell what your greatest joy has been :) What a beautiful family!

      Delete