Friday, June 10, 2016

A Fresh Start

Many times when we lose something in life, it's actually a way of making room for something new. After losing years' worth of writing from my old domain, Belong With Wildflowers, I felt a deep sense of loss. Even if words are just words, it's difficult to say goodbye to a portion of your life... thoughts and feelings that you can't ever get back in their entirety.

But, this loss seems fitting. Years worth of writing, thoughts, and dreams slowly slipped away just as an old way of life is slowly fading. Instead of writing about my dreams of being a farmer, I am one week away from starting that new reality.

In one week, I will...
Own a farmhouse.
Own eight acres of land.
See years of work and determination come to fruition.
Be able to start my dreams.

The journey is just starting, so how fitting to be pushed into a new place to share new thoughts, dreams, and challenges. I can't say for sure what's in store for my farm, but I know without a doubt how blessed I am for the opportunity.

Here's to one week and how it can transition a dream to reality.

4 comments:

  1. I did not realize you lost everything!! I'm so sorry. BUT- I am SO excited to follow along in your farming adventures! Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did :( I'm so sad about it, but I also feel like... well, it must have been time for a fresh start!

      Delete
  2. oh hun... i feel your pain...
    and i am so glad you can pick up the pieces and carry on - this shows much strength - i so look forward to following your new adventure... its been a long while in waiting :) congratulations from africa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! It definitely hurt my heart to lose years worth of writing, but I think it's just a sign to start anew :) Thank you for the well wishes <3 I love connecting with you!

      Delete